You can never go wrong with cream cheese! Heres a recipe thats retardedly easy to make and easy on the wallet too.
Things you will need
- Unsalted butter (1/4 cup) melted
- Pastry brush for the melted butter
- Phyllo pastry (found in the freezer section at the grocery store)
- Plain Cream cheese (low fat or super fat, totally up to you)
- 1 can or fresh batch of cranberries
- Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo with butter; place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying. Cut the two layered sheets into three 14-in. x 3-in. strips. Place a teaspoon cream cheese and then cranberry filling in lower corner on each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal. Turn triangle and brush top with melted butter. Repeat with remaining strips of dough and remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Place triangles on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
The key here is butter, it holds the pastry together and makes it nice and crispy. Serve warm but they are still tasty cold.
you can also do it as a dip as shown below - just use a pie plate and dont forget the butter ;)